Saturday, November 12, 2005

Wildcats downed by Buckeyes

For those of you who don't know, a Buckeye is a nut. It's also the mascot for Ohio State University, our local bohemoth of a school. They have over 60,000 undergrads and their famed football Stadium has over 110,000 seats. Yup, you read that right. It's insane. It's like going to the Super Bowl. And there are another 100,000 fans outside at tailgates. They get there and start drinking at 6am, for an 8pm game! Insanity. Well, they played my Northwestern Wildcats today and I really believed my team had a chance... but we lost... badly. Peter and I got free tickets to the game from his boss, though, and we had a GREAT time. The weather was gorgeous and the energy of the crowd was really fun. The loss was a bummer, but overall, we had a great day.
Peter and I enjoying the game - that scoreboard cost over $5 Million!
The award-winning OSU marching band welcomed NU... before clobbering us.

No comments:

Post a Comment