Friday, October 28, 2005

Why Blog?

Quote:

"It's not a bad idea to get in the habit of writing down one's thoughts.
It saves one having to bother anyone else with them."
-- Isabel Colegate

Unless, of course, you have a blog.

And then everything you write makes you wonder if you're filled with too much self-importance because of course you ARE bothering others with your random thoughts. Or maybe you're just too lazy to write with a pen in an actual journal (that seems to be my reason since I've got a box full of diaries going back to 1979 that barely make it past February 1st). I've been practicing with my blog for a few months now, without showing it to anyone. Now I think I'm ready to go public, but I'm in a quandry regarding what to write about. I'm self-conscious and I feel like it should be "important" or "insightful". On the other hand, I'm not looking for a Pulitzer Prize, I'm just journaling, right? Please be patient with me as I find my blog voice.

2 comments:

  1. i'm still finding my blog voice 7 months later! i like your header thing. (can't think of the right words this early. the orange thing at the top.)
    welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:56 PM

    I never really tried to find a voice. I just write what I'm feeling for that day. It's not like I've got a mission... I just like venting. If people want to read it, cool.

    ReplyDelete